Sunday 24 September 2017

A Little Birdy Told Me

A little birdy told me that the new Penny Black Christmas collection is now available to buy.....oh my get ready to spend BIG!!!

I thought I would share something a bit different today, one of their brushstroke style stamps, where you colour the stamp with ink before stamping onto the paper, to create this winter robin scene.



 I chose to stamp Snowy Perch 40-556 using Tombow markers 845, 346, 879 & 977 colouring in each element and then stamping to avoid the ink drying out too quickly.



I then used a Versamark pen to colour in areas where I wanted snow and sprinkled with Sparkle Snow WOW embossing powder and heat set, then I used a damp brush to spread the ink colours to give a base to work on.



I then mixed colours on an acrylic block and added more depth to the image using Tombow markers 885, 905, 947, 899, 992, 098, 346, 665, N15 & 533.



The sentiment from A Festive Season 30-442 was then stamped into the right corner using Versafine Onyx Black ink, and a frame cut from Snowflake Stitch Frames 51-375, the image was mounted onto a 6" square card blank and the frame added on top with foam pads, the dots in the frame were then enhanced with Diamond Stickles to finish.

Thanks for joining me today, I hope that you find something in the new Penny Black collection to inspire you, hugs Cathy x

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Cathy this is beautiful - and it's so good to see you again - I have missed you and your blogging!!
Blessings
Maxine

Cathy A said...

Thanks Maxine, I have still been doing some blogging but it is on the Chameleon blog (blog.chameleonpens.com). This is just for those extra bits I do outside of work ;)